Thursday, October 6, 2011

Italy loses its credit rating or Reason #34 why you shouldn't travel with me.

So, I'm here in Italy quietly minding my own business, going to the Questura like a good Temporary Citizen to get my papers finalized, taking architecture classes, observing tourism from a more local standpoint and contributing to the Italian economy by buying local...mostly food. Yeah, I eat a lot of food. Anyway, I do all this for Italy and what does it go and do? Well besides the fact that its Prime Minister is somewhat loose with women and wears fake hair, Italy went and lost its credit rating. It went from Aa2 to A2. I mean, Whaaa...? Come on! The US just went through this and now Italy? It seems like I'm a ticking credit-rating-drop bomb. Wherever I go, as my brother said, its credit rating drops. And the euro just went up one cent. Things couldn't go any worse.

Maybe I should move to China? Ha ha ha.

Also, just in from the Bank of England (which has printed billions of pounds of money to make up for this...can someone say inflation...or whatever?): This is the worst financial crisis the world has ever faced. If that is the case, I guess the Depression was not that bad, cause I for one am not driving from Oklahoma to California in a broken down truck. If this is worse than that, either we're screwed or....yeah, we're screwed.

In other news, Sarah Palin has declared that she will run for president by not running for president. In other words, she's telling you that she is a Cincinnatus character who doesn't want to be President and is therefore the best for the job. Then maybe in 3 years, she will run. Yes, I meant 3. Make of that what you will.

Working on more analysis of the Piazza della Rotonda. Will we ever get to design? Probably not.

And last but certainly not last, Steve Jobs has died. I love what that man did for the technology. Now go and wear a black ipod armband.

If this seems like Friday 7 Quick Takes, it may be like it, but it is not Friday. Boo yeah!

Ciao.

No comments: